Saturday, July 31, 2010

Love hiking? Me too.


Photo by James Harnois.

Tomorrow is the first day of the Washington Trails Association's (WTA) 7th annual Hike-a-thon, and I will kick it off by waking up in the middle of the woods in my tent and hiking out the second half of the (very short) backpacking trip I'm taking with a few friends. In an attempt to give back to the trails systems that have made me fall in love with this state, I have set the far-too-ambitious-for-my-own-good goal of hiking 100 miles during the month of August, and trying to raise at least $300 to donate to the wonderful organization that helps maintain the trails and wetlands here.

Asking people for money, even when it's for a good cause, is one my top ten list of least favorite things to do in the world, but...the WTA is spectacular, and I want to do anything I can to help preserve their efforts. If even just half of my Facebook friends and blog readers donate $1-5 each, I will blow my fundraising goal out of the water...just sayin'.

I'm at 3.33% of my goal so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment